Research Position at U.Bielefeld
In the context of the SFB 1288 “Practices of Comparing - Ordering and Changing the World,” the sub-project F02 “Greenwich Meridian of Literature? The Nobel Prize as a Global Standard of Comparison”, project management: Prof. Dr. Carlos Spoerhase and Dr. Jørgen Sneis, is looking for an employee to work part-time on a study within the sub- project. The study examines Formations of Comparison in the Swedish Academy, 1895 to ca. 1930. (For more information, follow this link https://www.uni-bielefeld.de/sfb1288/ausschreibung... ).
The tasks include in particular:
- carrying out the study “Formations of Comparison in the Swedish Academy, 1895 to ca. 1930,” taking into account the source material in Swedish archives
- publishing the results in the form of a monograph
- participation in the discussions and research of the SFB as well as the planning and organization of internationalconferences and workshops
- participation in the joint research and discussions in sub-project F02 as well as in events, such as project-internalworkshops
- completed university degree (e.g., Master) in the field of Scandinavian Studies and/or literature and cultural studies
- very good Swedish language skills
- very good English language skills
- cooperative and team-oriented working style independent, self-reliant and committed work style
- strong organizational and coordination skills
- strong communication skills
- previous experience with archival work
- knowledge in the field of literary sociology or the interrelation of literature and society
Salary will be paid according to Remuneration level 13 of the Wage Agreement for Public Service in the Federal States (TV-L). As stipulated in § 2 (1) sentence 1 of the WissZeitVG (fixed-term employment), the contract will end on 31st December 2024. In accordance with the provisions of the WissZeitVG and the Agreement on Satisfactory Conditions of Employment, the length of contract may differ in individual cases. The employment is designed to encourage further academic qualification. The position is advertised as 65 % part-time job. In individual cases, this percentage may be reduced on request, as long as this does not conflict with official needs.Bielefeld University is particularly committed to equal opportunities and the career development of its employees. It offers attractive internal and external training and further training programmes. Employees have the opportunity to use a variety of health, counselling, and prevention programmes. Bielefeld University places great importance on a work- family balance for all its employees.
For full consideration, your application (incl. CV, the final thesis and, if applicable, list of publications) should be received via either post (see postal address below) or email (a single PDF document) sent to bewerbung_sfb1288@uni- bielefeld.de by the 13th of January 2021. Please mark your application with the identification code: wiss20294. Please do not use application portfolios and send only photocopies of original documents because all application materials will be destroyed at the end of the selection procedure. Further information on Bielefeld University can be found on our homepage at www.uni-bielefeld.de. Please note that the possibility of privacy breaches and unauthorized access by third parties cannot be excluded when communicating via unencrypted e-mail. Information on the processing of personal data is available here.
SFB 1288 „Praktiken des Vergleichens“ Frau Sabrina Timmer
P.O. Box: 10 01 31
Name: Dr. Jørgen Sneis
Phone: +49 521 106-3709
Prof. Dr. Carlos Spoerhase